Role: Motion Graphics Designer
Location: Head Office – Marlow
Contact: Charlie Butterfield
Date: March 2021
We are on the lookout for a motivated, passionate and ambitious Motion Graphics Designer to join our busy and rapidly growing strategy-led design studio based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
Who are we?
fst is an international, strategy-led design agency with offices in the UK, Singapore, and Miami. Born out of entrepreneurial spirit back in 1991, our independence keeps us inquisitive and enables us to solve business problems to build the brands of the future. Through the long history of fst, we’ve worked with clients all over the world and it’s our goal to ensure we deliver solutions that work for them.
Why do we exist?
To challenge, change and make better. This is our fundamental belief that we apply to everything we do. So, whilst we help solve business problems, we also give our people opportunities and a home to build a successful career. Our reasons for existence are completely synonymous – we believe the latter will always drive the former.
- Understand creative briefs and conduct research to build rationale for creative concepts.
- Present fully developed creative ideas to the team.
- Concept and design storyboard layouts for kinetic typography, animation and film.
- Combine sound graphic design principles and creative inspiration with an outstanding approach to motion.
- Animate creative assets and experiment with new techniques.
- Support the team with problem-solving creative challenges and offering technical expertise.
- Self-development to enhance work knowledge and skills.
- Participating in agency marketing activities.
- Brainstorm and conceptualise innovative ideas, with the ability to produce concept sketches and quick concept edits.
- Create high-quality animations, recommending the best approaches to integrate 3-D components into final commercial quality products.
- Comprehend and execute direction, remaining open to constructive feedback.
The ideal candidate
- Degree in motion graphics, vfx, graphic design or a related subject.
- 3+ years working as a motion designer in a creative agency or animation studio.
- Strong skills working in 2D and 3D.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC including AfterEffects (with addition of Red Giant Plugins such as Trapcode) Premiere, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Expert knowledge of 3D applications such as Cinema 4D and knowledge of Redshift renderer
- Knowledge of particle systems – X particles – would be a bonus
- A collaborative mindset and a deep love of all things brand, marketing and creative.
- Showcases a portfolio that demonstrates an ability to interpret a brief (while thinking beyond), and to find creative solutions across a broad range of mediums.
- Highly creative, with a fun and fresh approach.
- Proactive and collaborative, with a positive approach to feedback.
- Ability to multi-task and work autonomously.
- You obsess about the detail and have a passion for delivering quality work.
- You are a kind human.
Key Results Areas
- Independently developing unexpected creative routes, grounded in a sound rationale.
- Confidently presenting your work internally and externally, supported by compelling presentation decks.
- inspiring the team with fresh ideas and perspectives.
- Challenging yourself to experiment with new techniques and platforms
You will be part of a team that wants to challenge, change and make better all aspects of business and life.
Along with that you’ll also receive:
- Competitive salary, with regular reviews and opportunities to progress
- 23 days holiday
- Cultural Learning Days
- Flexible Working
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private medical healthcare
- Group life assurance
- Buy a bike scheme
- Company sponsored events
- Summer social
- Christmas Trip abroad
How to Apply
To apply email your folio and CV to [email protected]
We typically receive an overwhelming number of applications to the positions we post, so please understand that while we will acknowledge every application, it may take some time. fst is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Thank you for your interest in joining the fst team!