Contact: Danica Burke
Date: May 2021
Who we are
We are an independent yet global strategy-led design agency that prides itself on delivering top-notch client-service and killer creative that’s built on sound strategy. We are a youthful, dynamic and agile business, headquartered in the United Kingdom, with an established presence in Singapore and Miami. Born out of entrepreneurial spirit back in 1991, this mindset drives our independence, keeps us inquisitive and enables us to develop close relationships with our clients in order to solve business problems and build the brands of the future. Our reasons for existence are completely synonymous – we believe the latter will always drive the former.
We are a progressive and inclusive company that works hard to ensure the wellness, growth and success of all our employees and clients alike, no matter their background or orientation. We are proud to give our people opportunities and support to build a unique and satisfying career, where they can have a positive impact on their team, community, industry, and the lives and livelihoods of their clients.
Why do we exist?
To challenge, change and make better. This is our fundamental belief that we apply to everything we do – whether that’s in a brief, or in our work processes. Our clients need skilled communicators and problem solvers to help them drive change and influence behaviour. Our clients range from local eco startups to global leaders in FinTech. They lean on us to deliver their complex products with clarity and creativity.
We are on the lookout for a motivated, passionate and ambitious designer to be an influential founding member of our strategy-led design studio in central Singapore — that means you will be part of a group of highly committed individuals who are laser-focused on delivering great work for our clients, and we need you to be wildly passionate about working with that shared vision as we grow the Asia business together.
- Understand and challenge the creative brief, and conduct research to build rationale for concepts
- Good written and verbal communication skills to convince the senior team and clients of your ideas
- Self-initiative with the ability to work quickly and independently as well as part of a close team
- Develop brand identity from scratch, seeing the project through from concept to completion
- Develop strong creative campaign ideas
- Design across all channels and touchpoints, staying on-brief and on-brand
- Design clear and compelling presentation decks and guidelines
- Support team with problem-solving creative challenges and offering technical expertise
- Personal self-development to enhance work knowledge and skills
- Ability to follow and interpret brand guidelines accurately and innovatively
- The desire to train and ability to brief and lead with junior creatives and freelancers
- Go above and beyond to ensure mutual success for us and our clients
The ideal candidate:
- Degree in graphic design or a related subject.
- 4+ years working as a designer in a creative agency
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Figma would be a bonus
- Adept at working across channel (e.g. motion/print/web)
Experienced designing communications for B2B, B2B2C and B2C
- Excellent communicator and comfortable designing for multilingual audiences across Asia-Pacific
- Attention to detail, focus and consistency
- A collaborative mindset and a deep love of all things brand, strategy, marketing and creative
- Showcases a portfolio that demonstrates an ability to interpret a brief (while thinking beyond), and to find creative solutions across a broad range of mediums
- An intelligent approach to concept generation
- Highly creative, with a fun and fresh approach
- Balance creativity with business savvy: know when to be experimental and when to use restraint
- Proactive and collaborative, with a positive approach to feedback
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently and autonomously
- Obsesses about the detail and has a passion for delivering quality work
- Keen and ready to grow into a leadership position – leading and growing a multidisciplinary team
- You are naturally curious and was that kid who was always asking Why? and What if?
- You are a kind human
Key results areas:
- Independently developing unexpected creative routes, grounded in a sound rationale
- Confidently presenting your work internally and externally, supported by compelling presentation decks
- Inspiring the team with fresh ideas and perspectives
- Challenging yourself to experiment with new techniques and platforms
- Being best-in-class for what we do and enhance the reputation of the agency
You will be part of a friendly and supportive team that wants to challenge, change and make better all aspects of business and life. Along with that you’ll also receive:
- Competitive salary, with regular reviews and opportunities to progress
- 23 days holiday
- Cultural Learning Days
- Flexible Working
- Private medical healthcare
- Group life assurance
- Company sponsored events
- Summer social
- Christmas Trip
How to Apply
To apply – email your folio, CV and a short cover email stating why you believe you’ll be the ideal candidate to: [email protected]
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered for this position.
Due to the nature of the work, the applicant must reside in Singapore.
We typically receive an overwhelming number of applications to the positions we post, so please understand that while we will acknowledge every application, it may take some time.
fst is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Thank you for your interest in joining the fst team!